Refer and Enter to Win 100 Personal Training Sessions!
World Health is one of Edmonton’s leading private fitness clubs. One thing we have learned about fitness success over the past 29 years is that you are more likely to succeed with your fitness goals when you work out with a friend. So where is your gym buddy?
For referring your friend, we want to reward you!
From February 22nd – March 31st, when you refer a friend who joins World Health, both you and your friend are guaranteed prizes!
Prizes include meals from Fresh Fit foods, gym bags, hoodies, 3 Nutrition Coaching Sessions, 3 PT Sessions and our Grand Prize of 100 Personal Training Sessions.
Benefits of a gym buddy include:
- A less scary experience. Coming to the gym is less scary when you are with a friend.
- Someone to hold you to it. You can hold each other accountable for your work outs.
- A better bond. Your friendship bond will strengthen as you share the benefits of healthy living together
When considering someone for a referral, you may have friends, family members, or co-workers that come to mind. Whether it’s one-on-one personal training or our 250 weekly group classes, World Health wants your and your gym buddy to achieve a healthy, active lifestyle.
*Refer and Win offer is valid to World Health Edmonton members, who hold a current membership during Feb 22, 2016 – March 31st, 2016. Refer and Win Prizes will be awarded after a referral of a current World Health member obtains a membership. Grand Prize odds depend on number of valid entries obtained.
[wp_colorbox_media url=”#inline_content” type=”inline” hyperlink=”See here for full rules and regulations.”]
World Health Edmonton
Refer and Win Contest Rules
Contest Dates February 22nd, 2016 to March 31st, 2016
Full Rules & Regulations
- PROMOTION PERIOD: World Health Edmonton Refer & Win Contest (the “Promotion”) starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on February 22nd, 2016 and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 31st, 2016 or whenever official game cards are exhausted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to legal residents of Alberta, except employees of World Health Edmonton. This promotion does not apply on Corporate Memberships sold. To be eligible for Secondary and Grand Prize, new referral must not have held a World Health Edmonton membership since January 1st, 2016.
- METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. During the Promotion Period, when a Referral of a World Health Member purchases a World Health Membership, the new World Health member will receive one (1) Refer & Win game card (the “Game Card(s)”), while supplies last, at the completion of the sale. Each Game Card contains a scratch area, a winning scratch & win area message will describe the prize available to be won, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Promotion Rules (the “Rules”). Both the Referral and Referee win the corresponding prize listed. The Referral is now eligible to fill out a ballot on behalf of the referee for the Grand Prize of 100 Personal Training Sessions or secondary prize of 36 Personal Training sessions. To be eligible for a prize a Referral cannot have held a World Membership since January 1st, 2016.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRY: To obtain one (1) Game Card without making a purchase, while supplies last, handwrite a 100 word or more unique and original essay about what World Health Edmonton and Fitness means to you. Mail the original copy of the essay to: “World Health Edmonton Refer & Win Contest”, World Health Edmonton, 13543 St. Albert Trail, Edmonton, Alberta T5L 5E7, Attention: Marketing Department. All mail-in no purchase necessary requests must be post-marked during the Promotion Period and received no later than March 15th, 2016. Sponsor will send you one (1) randomly selected Game Card, while supplies last, per unique and original handwritten essay per envelope with sufficient postage. All requests must be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient postage (i.e. multiple mail-in no purchase necessary requests in the same envelope will be void) and must include a self-addressed pre-paid envelope with sufficient return postage. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed mail-in no purchase necessary requests (all of which are void).
- GAME CARDS: At the start of the Promotion, there will be 1000 Game Cards available. These Game Cards will be available for distribution through March 31st, 2016 or while supplies last (whichever occurs first). Game Cards obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way are automatically void. Submission of the Game Card is the sole responsibility of the individual seeking verification. No Game Card copies, duplicates or reproductions of any type will be eligible for the Promotion. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for any lost or stolen Game Cards (all of which are void).
- 6a. PRIZES AVAILABLE TO BE WON: Total prizes to be won one thousand and eleven (1011). GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize is one hundred (100) personal training sessions with an approximate VALUE of $4500 from Sponsor. One hundred (100) personal training sessions will be added to the Grand Prize winners World Health Account. Grand Prize can be transferred to another World Health Member. Grand Prize is not convertible to cash. SECONDARY PRIZES: Ten (10) Secondary prizes of 36 Personal Training Sessions, 10 sets of personal training with approximate value of $1880 each from Sponsor. 36 personal training sessions will be added to the Secondary Prize winner’s World Health Account. Secondary prizes can be transferred to another World Health Member. Secondary prizes are not convertible to cash.
- 6b. FOR ALL PRIZES: Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or a component thereof with one of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Every Refer and Win card is a winner. Odds of winning Grand Prize & Secondary Prizes are subject to total number of valid ballot entries received. See below for Refer and Win card approximate odds of winning (at start of Promotion) Prizes Available 1000
|Prize||Total Cards Printed||Odds|
|3 FREE PT Sessions||250||1 in 4|
|FREE swag item (small) water bottle/shaker cup||100||1 in 10|
|FREE swag item (large) Gym bag||200||1 in 5|
|FREE meal FFF||250||1 in 4|
|FREE month of nutrition coaching||200||1 in 5|
- PRIZE LABEL PRINTING: The printing on the scratch & win area of the Game Card for various prizes will be printed as follows:
- PRIZES. ALL PRIZE CLAIMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY NO LATER THAN APRIL 15, 2016 TO BE ELIGIBLE. PLEASE NOTE: No cash alternative will be made available. All prize claims must be received by the end of the business day on or before APRIL 15, 2016. Claims received after April 15, 2016 are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one prize claim per person per visit.
- HOW TO CLAIM GRAND PRIZE: In order to claim the Grand Prize you must: (i.) correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the back of the Game Card without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; and (ii) see in-club to obtain and sign Declaration and Release form. the Declaration and Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize is awarded; and (b) releases the Promotion Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Promotion, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof. If the eligible winning entrant: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) fails to return the properly executed promotion documents within the specified time; and/or (iii) cannot accept the Grand Prize for any reason; then he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize and the Game Card will be deemed null and void and the Grand Prize will not be awarded. The Grand Prize claim is subject to verification by the Sponsor and will be declared invalid if it is illegible, forged, falsified, damaged, and incomplete, altered or tampered with in any way or does not otherwise conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules. The Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected or post-due rules requests, Game Card requests, or prize claims (all of which are void).
- RELEASES, ETC.: By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize (or a portion thereof) awarded herein; or 2) participation in this Promotion. By accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is a under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of prize claims; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, prize claims; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions or, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email or other information to be received, captured or recorded by or from the independent promotion judging organization or any other person or entity for any reason including, but not limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, interrupted or unavailable networks; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or device occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Promotion; or f) late, delayed, damaged, misdirected, destroyed, lost, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, fraudulent, stolen, postage-due or wrongly addressed prize claims, all of which will be deemed void.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Promotion (or, amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Promotion as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Promotion and any future contest, sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the prize claim process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Promotion, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Promotion. All winning Game Cards submitted for prize claim become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipals laws. All approximate prize value amounts are shown in Canadian dollars. If due to printing, on-line, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules, or in the event that due to such error, a valid prize claim is revealed, making the number of valid prize claims greater than the number of prizes available under these Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Promotion immediately, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to rescind invalid prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes. In no event will the Sponsor or Releasees be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant with these Rules, or as a result of problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Promotion; and/or (ii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Promotion will be the Sponsor’s Official Clock(s).
- MINORS: If any individual under the legal age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence is eligible to win, then the prize will be awarded to that individual’s parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative of such person (subject to compliance with these Rules). Further, the eligible minor’s parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative must sign any and all required documents on behalf of the minor.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including, without limitation, all trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, including, but not limited to, the Game Cards, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control. IMPORTANT NOTE: Sponsor will not involve itself in, and the Releasees accept no obligation or liability in respect of, any dispute regarding the identity of the rightful holder of a Game Card. In any such case, the Sponsor reserves the right to take whatever action it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.