At World Health, we are very conscious about our planet and when renovating or building new clubs we always do our homework.
These are the initiatives we have underway to help reduce our footprint and positively impact our member experience.
- LED Lights – Through renovations and upgrades, we are moving to LED lights. This allows us to save energy and LEDs last for roughly 10 years compared to Halogens where the life expectancy can be 6 months to 2 years, allowing us to reduce waste.
- Green Cleaning Chemicals – Avoiding acidic or Non-Green Cleaning products protects the staff who use them and also when these chemicals go down the drains, there’s no-harmful products entering water lines or sewers.
- PURELL® Sanitizing Wipes – By switching to this product, we have seen a 96% reduction in plastic and packaging material by eliminating containers and it decreases the environmental impact of storage and shipping through lighter, optimized packaging.
- Paints – When renovating and repainting, we choose to use low-VOC paints, which significantly reduce odors and toxins being released into the air.
- Hand Dryers – We are adding Dyson Hand Dryers to our clubs in order to reduce paper wastage.
- Low Flush Toilets – With each flush we are using less water during the day.
- Mondo Flooring – The rubber flooring you see in our clubs is 100% Recyclable and is Green-Guard certified for low-chemical emissions.
Happy Earth Day! What are you doing to help our planet? Let us know in the comments below.
Thank you to our Facilities Director Brad Wickware for providing the ins and outs of our facilities across Edmonton for this blog.