World Health, Edmonton’s leading health and wellness organization, is seeking a General Manager to take on the leadership role for one of our locations. This is a full-time position with variable hours. This position offers a competitive base salary and bonus plan as well as a full benefits package.
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, the successful candidate will have previous management experience and a lifelong passion for fitness. They will be a creative, enterprising, and independent individual that loves the idea of managing a dynamic and growing fitness facility.
They will be characterized through their determination to never be satisfied with the status-quo. They will have a thorough understanding of the responsibility involved in this undertaking, and be excited by the unique challenges and rewards that come from managing one of our facilities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership, demonstrated particularly through your relationship with Fitness Consultants, acting as a role-model and mentor
- Mentor, develop, and manage your staff
- Having the ability to build rapport with members and impart this skill upon your staff, resolving member concerns and building the standard and reputation of your club
- Meet monthly and annual sales quotas
- Strategic planning to meet your annual budget
- Becoming involved with community relations and promoting your club locally, including through social media outreach
- Review sales statistics, establish priorities for Fitness Consultants, review internal communications,
- Touch base with and manage all club departments
- Hold yourself accountable for the overall performance of your club, your employees, and the satisfaction of your club members
- The ability to work with and foster talent in a diverse group of employees
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years working in a fitness management role
- Management experience in a retail environment
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Definitive and efficient decision making abilities
- The proven ability to excel in direct sales roles
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in growing and developing new business while retaining current clients