Working together to prevent diabetes
Diabetes is a disease with multiple causes and no known cure. It is estimated that more than 10 million Canadians are living with diabetes or prediabetes today.
For people with diabetes, keeping healthy requires a balance of nutrition and physical activity along with medication if prescribed and monitoring of blood sugar levels.
World Health Edmonton is committed to supporting causes that matter to our members, our employees, and our community. This year, we are proud to become a supporter of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
We look forward to contributing to the Canadian Diabetes Association while being committed to inspiring healthy and active lifestyles within our community.
- One million Canadians don’t know they have type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes causes 70% of non-traumatic limb amputations.
- Every hour… 20 Canadians are diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes causes 40% of heart attacks.
- 10 million Canadians live with diabetes or prediabetes.
- Erectile dysfunction affects over 35% of men with diabetes.
- Losing 10% of body weight lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes by 60%.